The Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT) is a Ugandan quality assurance directorate offering nationally, regionally and internationally recognized quality assurance services for the Business, Technical, Vocational Education and Training (BTVET). DIT produces high quality assurance mechanisms with emphasis on qualification standards and equivalent ratings with a high level of professionalism recognized nationally, regionally and internationally.
“To be a technical and vocational skills quality assurance body of international repute.
To promote quality assurance interventions in Business, Technical Vocational Education and Training for the public and private sector labor market needs to accelerate national development.
DIT pursues the following five strategic objectives (SOs) in order to achieve its mission.
- Enhance the visibility of DIT through the scope and quality of its services.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Increase staff capacity for improved performance.
- Widen the resource base for infrastructure developments and service provision.
- Strengthen leadership and management systems.